Jasper National Park Jobs
Jobs are posted by date. Recent Job additions will be at the top, with older Job postings displayed for your referral. If you would like support or assistance please contact us.
Mountain Park Lodges Pocahontas Kitchen Manager
Offering Staff Accommodations & Benefits. Salary Dependent on Experience. GENERAL A high standard of food served in a consistent manner with a professional presentation is vital to the hotel operations. If a guest is not happy with the food service, the hotel will lose business and future revenues through the development of a poor reputation. Conversely, a good reputation for food served will increase our revenues both in food and beverage as well as bedrooms. The Kitchen Manager plays a vital role in achieving these positive results. RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure a high quality and consistent food product is served.
• Ensure food orders are quickly and efficiently prepared in accordance with accepted Mountain Park Lodges recipes and expectations.
• Assist with standardized recipes, costing and portion controls.
• Assist in researching new trends and ideas in food service.
• Ensure schedules, labour standards and costs are adhered to.
• Assist in directing all kitchen operations including but not limited to supervising, purchasing, hiring, food preparation and execution.
• Take a leading role in training of staff.
• Maintain a high standard of sanitation and cleanliness constantly.
• Assist with all food and beverage inventories.
• Perform the duties of all other kitchen positions when required.
• Perform other related duties as directed by Executive Chef. QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum grade 12 education.
• Strong supervisory skills essential.
• Ability to train staff effectively.
• Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to accept direction.
• Strong knowledge of portion control, menu design, labour costing, purchasing, food safety and sanitation, and human resources.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Good guest service skills.
• Aggressive attitude in achieving departmental goals.
• Must be able to and desire to work within a Team concept.