Jasper National Park Jobs
Jobs are posted by date. Recent Job additions will be at the top, with older Job postings displayed for your referral. If you would like support or assistance please contact us.
Mountain Park Lodges Pyramid Lake Resort Services
Offering Staff Accommodations, benefits, and gratuities At Mountain Park Lodges, we are dedicated to providing the best possible guest experience. Working as a member of the Resort Services Team is a wonderful way to start or further a career in Travel and Tourism, or Hospitality. As the main contact for equipment rentals you will be responsible for processing payments, assisting guests with rental agreements, and ensuring the safety and comfort of our guests at all times. In Resort Services candidates will be cross-trained in a variety of other Department providing valuable insight into hotel operations. The perfect candidate for this role is a dynamic person who is physically fit, self-motivated, flexible, professional, and possesses exceptional customer service skills. If you have a passion for Hospitality and want to gain valuable experience, this is the role for you! RESPONSIBILITIES: • Coordinate guest equipment rentals, i.e. canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, motor boats, and bikes.
• Cleary communicate safe boating and equipment policies via a guest ‘Safety Talk'.
• Assist guests in filling out rental agreements, processing of rental payments and waivers.
• Ensure all safety equipment is included in every boat rental (i.e. bailer, rope and paddle).
• Monitor guest activities on Pyramid Lake to ensure safety compliance.
• Maintain proper inventory of all boats, bikes and safety equipment throughout the day.
• Keep all rentals (i.e. life vests, oars and paddles) clean and in good working condition.
• Report any damages or wear and tear of boats and bikes to the Maintenance Team.
• Beach and dock clean up.
• Assist in the retrieval of capsized boats and support Parks Canada with Recovery efforts where requested.
• This position acts as a ‘floater' providing additional support and assistance to: o The Front Desk; answering and directing telephone calls, assisting with arrivals and departures, and the resolution of minor guests complaints. o Housekeeping; occasional cleaning and baggage handling. o Maintenance; watering plants and cleaning of public areas including the Fitness Centre, hot tubs and washrooms. o Other duties as assigned by the Hotel Manager. QUALIFICATIONS: • Grade 12 Diploma is required. Commencement of a Hospitality or Travel and Tourism Diploma is preferred.
• Pleasure Craft Operator Card is a requirement, boating experience is preferred. (MPL will cover Pleasure Craft training costs).
• Current 1st Aid Certificate; a CPR Certificate is considered an asset.
• Must have Class 5 Drivers License with a clean Driving Abstract.
• Excellent Customer Service skills with a solid understanding of guest service principles.
• Physically fit and able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. (i.e. boats, kayaks and canoes).
• Motivated to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Able to effectively multitask; must be organized and detail oriented.
• Neat and clean in appearance with an outgoing personality.
• Ability to adapt and accept direction in a dynamic environment with changing demands.